Saturday, February 11, 2017

My Two Bikes

Now that I no longer own a bike company I have only two bikes.The first is my favorite, a Velo Orange Piolet. The second is a Velo Orange Pass Hunter, shown below.
The reason that the Piolet is my favorite is that I'm becoming less and less interested in riding on pavement. It's almost as fast to walk to most places as to ride in our compact 400-year old city. So I'll use the Pass Hunter on some of the excellent rail-to-trail routes around here and on the C&O canal for the most part. The Piolet serves as my city bike, on the rare occasions that I need one, and as my fun bike. It also makes a great trout bike: http://velo-orange.blogspot.com/2015/12/big-tires-and-little-trout.html Though I've also ridden the Pass Hunter to some nice trout streams:

No comments:

Post a Comment